- Does the filter basket needs to be removed or specially protected when emptying (tipping) the container?
All dewatering containers are emptied by simply tilting.
The filter basket is securely bolted to the outer container and remains inside.
- How to choose the right filter cloth?
We deliver our dewatering containers with filther clothes made of different materials
(e.g. Polypropylene, nylon, polyamide, polyester, stainless steel). All filter cloths are
available in a variety of mesh sizes. Tell us your type of sludge and we choose the most
suitable filter cloth for you. We do not use cheap filter clothes made of geotextile fabrics
as they assert themselves quickly and have to be changed frequently.
- Can I change the filter cloth myself and how it is fixed?
The complete filter cloth is secured with corrosion-resistant perforated stainless steel
band and stainless steel or plastic screws on the perforated walls of the inner basket.
In the rare case of a mechanical damage, the customer can replace the filter cloth.
Necessary spare parts such as filter cloth and mounting material (perforated stainless
steel bracelet, screws) are available from stock at Kugler.
- Does the filter cloth has to be cleaned? How is it done?
The cleaning frequency of the filter cloth highly depends on the type of sludge.
In case of sludge that tends to get stuck easily, we recommended cleaning after
several drawdowns. In most cases, cleaning is not necessary, but cleaning is
advisable after every 5-10 discharge cycles. Cleaning is done by the help of a
high pressure spray equipment. The Aircon EWC is cleaned through backflushing.
- Do you have dewatering containers for rental?
Yes, we provide dewatering containers for testing purposes.
Please contact us for further details.
- How can the dewatering containers being transported and emptied?
All Kugler dewatering container can be transported and emptied by
all standard vehicles (Consult regional container services).
• Self-dumping EWCs with any standard forklift
• Regufil/Regufett by all vehicles with superstructures for container according to DIN 30 700
• EWCs for skip loader vehicles (with chain uptake) by all vehicles with constructions according to DIN 30 720
• Roll-Off EWCs by all vehicles with construction according to DIN 30 721 (Euro hook)
Fragen zu Schneckenpressen
- Wann lohnt sich eine Schneckenpresse gegenüber anderen Technologien, wie Dekanter-Zentrifugen, Siebband- oder Kammerfilterpressen?
Die etwas höhere Investition amortisiert sich durch die erheblich geringeren
Betriebskosten innerhalb von ca. 2 Jahren.
- Gibt es Schneckenpressen nicht nur für kleine Durchsätze?
Für Kläranlagen mit Faulschlamm bietet die kompakte Bauweise der Schneckenpressen
den Vorteil, dass mit einer Presse bis zu 20m³/h (bei 6%TS im Zulauf) entwässert
werden können – im 24h-Betrieb.
Questions about sedimentation tanks and lamella separators
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of sedimentation tanks and lamella separators, respectively?
The clear advantage of round sedimentation tanks compared to lamella separators
is that sedimentation tanks are not susceptible to clogging. Clogged lamella separators
need to be cleaned extensively.
Sedimentation tanks however require a certain relation between tank height and diameter,
so that a sedimentation tank usually will be higher than a lamella separator. In contrast,
lamella separators can be build more compact (lower) due their lamella pack which
- When should I use round sedimentation tanks?
If the required height is available.
If a guaranteed trouble-free and maintenance-free operation is desired.
In an outdoor installation. The special design prevents freezing.
- When do I use lamella separators?
If the required height is not available.
In confined spaces.
If the settled sludge does not tend to stick.